Paleo/Low Carb Shrimp Scampi
- 2 cup of spiralized zucchini noodles
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the shrimp.
- Immediately season shrimp with red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Sauté each side for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn opaque in color.
- Remove shrimp from the pan.
- In the same skillet the shrimp was in add minced garlic and sauté up to 1 minute before adding in your zucchini noodles and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the cherry tomatoes, cover skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes start to get somewhat soft.
- Add shrimp back to the pan, butter, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and parsley. Stir until butter melts.
- Toss ingredients together well and serve!
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 8g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein: 58g