S’mores Protein French Toast
Ingredients for French Toast:
- 1 scoop NutraBio’s Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate
- 4 slices of thick cut bread
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Toppings:
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker sheet
- 2 tbsp low sugar chocolate syrup
- Combine ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a flat deep dish and soak your bread. You can poke holes in the bread with a fork so it absorbs more of the egg mix.
- Preheat to medium-high heat. Grease a nonstick skillet or stovetop griddle with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place soaked bread slices on griddle and cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes then set aside.
- Few options here for toasting your marshmallows: 1) Place desired quantity on toast then place in the oven to toast until golden for 1 minutes or less. Or 2) Toast marshmallows on an open flame then stick on top of your toast. 3) I’m sure the microwave works well too but I’m not sure if they will become toasted.
- Next, Drizzle with chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, and crumbled up graham crackers
- And lastly, ENJOY!
- Yields: 2 servings (2 pieces of French toast)
- Calories: 506
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 30g