Vegan Vanilla Cashew Milkshake
- 1 Scoop NutraBio Vanilla Organic Plant Protein
- 1/2 frozen banana
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 vanilla bean or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon and Himalayan pink salt
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least 4 hours or overnight on the counter. Drain the water.
- If using real vanilla bean: Trim the ends from the vanilla beans, cut lengthwise, and scrape the seeds out (about 1/4 teaspoon of seeds)
Why soak? By soaking nuts you break down the phytic acid which blocks absorption. Soaking will also neutralize enzymes making nuts easier to digest.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth then enjoy! Adjust sweetness by adding more or less of the syrup and dates.
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Protein: 31g