NutraBio WPI Magic Cake
Created by Kirsten Cappabianca
More recipe inspiration @f00dventures on Instagram
– 4 large egg whites
– 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes buttermilk pancake mix
– 1 scoop of your favorite flavor of NutraBio WPI
– 2 cups milk, lukewarm
– Cake topping of your choice, blueberry sauce pictured.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (Or you can opt to do this by hand if you want an extra workout) Set aside bowl.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a different bowl and beat until they lighten in color. Add butter and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and protein powder then add to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Gradually add the milk and mix until well combined. Add the beaten egg whites in thirds, folding with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 8’x8′ square cake pan and bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes, until the cake doesn’t jiggle when you gently shake the pan. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Add your favorite toppings and let cool completely before serving.