Fajita Steak Roll-Ups
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Ready in: 30 minutes
Fajita Steak Roll-Up Ingredients:
- 2 pounds Philly cut Rib Eye Steak, (you may get rib eye and ask a butcher to cut it!)
- 3 bell peppers, orange/red/green/yellow (whatever variety you prefer)
- 1 bunch asparagus, optional
- 1 onion, any variety
- 4 tbsp homemade Fajita seasoning mix (you may use store bought if you like)
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil+
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix Ingredients (Optional):
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Slice your vegetables into strips, and cut ends off asparagus (if using) and season lightly with fajita mix.
- Lightly sauté the peppers and onions in 1 tsp of oil until they just start to soften. Remove from heat and to the side.
- Take a cutting board or plastic wrapped large surface and lightly oil the surface. Sprinkle the fajita seasoning and Montreal steak seasonings on the surface.
- Place your sliced meat on the surface, two slices at a time with the slices slightly overlapping each other to help hold the roll. (You want the seam going across the middle horizontally, not vertically.
- Rub the meat with oil of choice and sprinkle with both seasonings.
6. Lay several pepper strips, one or two asparagus spears, and onion pieces across steak strip. Wrap one end of the steak tightly around the veggies until you have a tight roll, seam down.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Once hot, add rolls to the skillet, you may have to work in batches. Sear 1-2 minutes per side, rotating to sear all sides.
- For medium rare, you will want to cook approximately 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the heat level of your skillet.Note: You can also slightly undercook for meal prep; that way, when re-heated they don’t overcook! Remove from heat and loosely cover to let the meat rest until ready to serve.
Add-ons to complete meal:
These roll-ups pair perfectly with roasted vegetables or Mexican cauliflower rice.
You can serve these with taco sauce, sour cream, guacamole or any other combination of dipping sauce!
- Yields: 12 Roll-ups
- Serving Size: 1 Roll-up
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 4 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g