Strawberry Rhubarb Mix Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh, sliced strawberries
- 1 stalk rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1-2 scoops NutraBio Strawberry Lemon Alpha EAA
- 1 cup whipping cream* or cool whip (Whip Used: Trader Joe’s brand which is shelf stable and can be whipped at home)
Pudding Mix Ingredients: (Homemade directions below or use a store bought pudding mix)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, combine strawberries, rhubarb, water, and sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until fruit softens and mixture thickens. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and use an immersion blender or a regular blender to purée the mixture.
- Set in fridge to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding.
- In a medium pot, add milk, cornstarch, and sugar and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This will also take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter. Let cool about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the strawberry rhubarb mixture from the fridge and stir in 1 scoop NutraBio Strawberry Lemon Bomb Alpha EAA and 1 cup whipping cream.
Note: The flavor is milder in the end product so feel free to add more EAA if you want more of a tangy bite.
- Get out 8-9 small Dixie cups and layer pudding/custard and strawberry rhubarb mixture into the cups. Add a Popsicle stick, and then freeze for a few hours or overnight. Once frozen, cut Dixie cup away and enjoy!
Recipe from https://f00dventures.wordpress.com/