Pulled BBQ Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb Organic chicken breast
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (look for one low in sugar and made without high fructose corn syrup)
- Optional garnishes for Chicken:
- Bell peppers
- Lime wedge
Tangy Slaw Ingredients:
- 2 C Broccoli Slaw Mix (green)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ avocado
- ½ C Olive Oil
- ½ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt/pepper to taste
- ¼ Tsp of each: onion, paprika, garlic, turmeric, dill
- Place chicken in your crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour in ½ cup water and ½ cup BBQ sauce so chicken is completely covered.
- Let cook for 3-4 hours on high.
- While chicken is cooking you can prepare the slaw. In a small bowl, whisk all your dressing ingredients together then pour over slaw mix. Cover and let chill in the fridge.
- Once the chicken is done, let it cool for about 20 minutes before shredding with two forks. Chicken should pull apart easily.
- To assemble, place a scoop of pulled chicken in either a lettuce wrap or tortilla. Sprinkle on your slaw then garnish with fresh lime juice, cilantro, thin sliced bell peppers, and jalapeno.
- Yields: 4-6 tacos
- Serving size: 2 Tacos (2.5 ounces of chicken, ½ cup slaw)
- Calories: 310 per serving
- Macros: 4.5g F / 38g C / 30g P